There seems to be much confusion surrounding mental health and mental illness. This year has been pretty challenging for most of us. And our mental health has been impacted like never before. Mental health and mental illness might appear to be the same but they are different!
- Meditating or Praying
- Taking care of a plant
- Have a day which you do absolutely nothing
- Religious or spiritual readings
- Spending time with those who refresh you
- Getting adequate sleep
- Drinking water
- Eating healthy meals
- Adult coloring books
- Organizing or purging your space
If you would like to screen your personal mental health, you can find screenings here. Be honest. The more honest you are, the better are the chances that you will be able to detect where you are and receive the help that you need.
What should I do if I am struggling with my mental health?
- Visit Psychology Today to help you locate a counselor or therapist near you.
- If you find yourself in a crisis mode and need someone to talk, you can call the National Suicide Prevention Line @ 800-273-8255 (TALK) to be directed to your local crisis center line!
- You can also text MHA to 741741 to speak to someone via text.
- If you are having thoughts of wanting to hurt yourself, you should dial 911 immediately or have someone take you to the nearest emergency room so that you can be evaluated.
If you need help in regards to this, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on Instagram @SincereleeTasha.
I am a licensed independent clinical social worker but I don’t claim to know it all.
Feel free to conduct your own research.